Sunday, March 29, 2009

Moab

Last weekend my friend Jarrie and I ran the Canyonlands 1/2 Marathon in Moab. It was a good time- I felt much better than I expected to at the end of the race. I brouht Brody and Jarrie's 12 year old daughter Paige came too. Paige watched Brody while we ran and did such a great job he has been having "Paige withdrawls" this week! After the race we drove through Arches (we had no energy to hike, although we did get out of the car for a few pictures:)) and then watched Grease before going to bed early! It was a fun trip- one that I would do again:)

Ryan helped the kids make a cake for me when I got home - a good way to get back the calories I used up running!!!

Me and Jarrie before the race. We had to meet in Moab to get bussed up the canyon almost to the start of the race at about 7:45am. The race started @ 10am.

This is where we got dropped off. There were more porta potties than I have ever seen in 1 place! And sooo many people using them - yuck!

We had to walk to the start, it's way at the top of the picture. It was a good warm up -- it was freezing!


Arches

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

Looks like a scenic run. Fun. Good for you again.

Janelle said...

Way to go Carrie! What a great feeling to finish a big race like that. I bet it was such a pretty run!

Jorj said...

Woo-hoo! Good job! Someday I want to something like that! Looked Beautiful! Arches Nat'l Park is amazing!

emilyw said...

Wow! And you with your baby still so small! Way to go!! My hero! It looks fun.

Brittney said...

I saw your comment on Emily's blog and had to stop in. Way to go on the race. That's pretty impressive especially when you have such a little one. I'm going for a 10k right now and even that seems brutal to me. I've decided that running maybe isn't my thing but it's definitely a great way to stay in shape! :)

Porta Pottie said...

Wow, that looks like a fun run...thanks for the read.