Saturday, October 11, 2008

Mmm Mmm Good

I love LOVE freezer jam, I could eat it like soup. So when my friend Jarrie found this out, and also found out I had no clue how to make it(as I am homemaking challenged), she offered to teach me how (if I had known how easy it was, I would have already had a freezer full!). So King Soopers had a pretty good deal on strawberries last week and we spent the afternoon making freezer jam. Heaven smiled on us, as we had exactly enough strawberry mush for our last batch, and the bread I decided 3/4 of the way through to put in the bread maker (the only way to make it!) finished at the exact same time as we did. So we taste tested our work on hot from the oven (breadmaker) bread. YUM!!! Thanks Jarrie for helping me!



The fruits of our labor!

6 comments:

Thickankles said...

Oh man, that looks good! A couple of days ago I was thinking that it's a shame that I don't know how to make freezer jam (I LOVE it too!).

You are a cute pregster...only 6 more weeks, right? Can't wait for our visit in Dec!

Jorj said...

You go girl!! I just DON"T bottle or can ANYTHING!! I am too lazy... I'll admit it!

Adrienne said...

Good Work! Now I feel like I should do something productive ...okay, feelings gone. Looks good though.

I'm Amy. Or Melynne. Whatever. said...

My mouth is watering. Yummy!

Rusty and Tara said...

What a great idea! Yum Yum--I am also a big big fan of freezer jam. And although I've heard it's easy, I did actually try it once and it was a disaster. So you've got more homemaking skills than I do!

Angela said...

It was soooo good! I absolutely LOVE it on ice cream!