Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Georgetown to Idaho Springs 1/2 Marathon

A bunch of M.O.M teammates and I (and a few honorary mom hubby's) ran the Georgetown to Idaho springs half marathon last weekend. It was SO much fun:) Georgetown is a little mining town about an hour into the mountains from home, so at 545 am we rolled out. Ryan had taken the boys and his dad to the ward father-son campout and the girls stayed the night with grandma. It was really strange to be in the house alone, I did not sleep well:) But, once we got the the race the adrenaline was pumping! At the start they had about 10 porta potties for about 3500 people, so after waiting in line for 45 minutes we got to the start just a few minutes before the gun went off. Some of our teammates were still in line! The race felt really good, I was a few minutes faster than my time last year. The elevation starts about 8500 ft. and ends about 7500 ft. It's such a pretty run - along Clear Creek most of the way. I was really sore for a few days after, so I feel like I gave it my best. I think it's a race I could make a tradition of:)

Here we are in line for 45 minutes:) At the end we were all tired but feeling good:)

1 comments:

Adrienne said...

Great Job Carrie!