Monday, September 20, 2010

NEW YORK!!!

So I have the best husband in the world and went to NYC with some friends for 5 days last weekend. Being from a tiny town in Montana I have always wanted to go there, but Ryan has no desire. So my friend Jarrie (who has also always wanted to go) and our friend Nikki (who has been) made the plans in April. I will probably have too many details in this, so sorry, I just want to remember it all:) Our flight left @ 7am, (this picture is right before we boarded - don't we look bright eyed!) We didn't want to waste a day travelling so we got the earliest flight we could.


We did feel welcomed to NY, what with all the people rushing past us, not caring if they run into you, the cab drivers hustling you, it was all so - bustling:) Instead of standing in the cab line a woman came up and said she'd drive us to our hotel (the Westin in Times Square) for $45. She was a fast talker and we were not sure we could trust her, so she says "wait here I'll find another person" so she took off, and we were about to just get in the cab line (45min. wait) and she grabbed us, "come with me". So we followed her and the other passenger (who happened to be Christian Siriano's assistant - the winner of project runway) she was rushing to get to his show (we got to NY at the end of fashion week). So all I can say about the drivers in NYC is -- I've found my people! It's like a roller coaster ride. There are soo many cars on the street, they all drive so fast and stop so fast - the lines on the roads are just ignored, as are traffic lights:) Nikki's husband told her that cars have the right of way in NYC - and it's so true!
We got to our hotel and asked the concierge where we should get some lunch (which is how we found most of the places we ate and they were all fabulous!!!) so we walked through times square to get to the diner. Then we hit H&M for some shopping - it was the crazy busiest store I've ever seen! Our last day we went to another one that was not so busy and found lots more stuff to buy! Then it was time to get ready to go see Wicked - it was sooo great!!! I could see a broadway show every night!

After the show we walked past the place where the actors came out. This guy played Fiyero, the handsome prince/Elphaba's love interest. So, being that it was fashion week, the city was crawling with celebrities. I was so sure I'd at the very least see Bethanny from NY Housewives, but this is the closest we got to celebrity:(

0 comments: